What steps can you take to avoid coronavirus?
March 8, 2020
We have compiled a list of important steps you can take to help avoid coronavirus.
The most likely form of transmission is through:
• Droplets released into the air by coughing and sneezing.
• Close personal contact with someone with coronavirus (touching or shaking hands).
• Touching an object or surface with the virus on it and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
The CDC recommends the following to prevent the spread of any respiratory viruses, including coronavirus:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• If water and soap are not available, clean hands using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.